If you are in the market for your first boat, you know that the choices seem endless. How do you know which one will be a good fit as a starter boat? The boat needs to work with how you will use it as well as meet your expectations. Yamaha is one of the speedboat brands that boating newcomers choose.
How to Choose a Starter Boat
If you aren’t sure exactly what you want it might be best to ask yourself the following questions:
- How often will you use the boat?
- Who will you be boating with?
- Where will you be boating?
Answering these questions might help you decide the type and size of boat you need. For example, if you will be boating on larger bodies of water, you will need a stronger engine. Lakes require less horsepower in a boat. You might also consider seeing exactly what the National Marine Manufacturer’s Plate recommends in terms of the boat’s motor. And, your speedboat dealership can also answer any questions you might have. Once you have narrowed down what you need, you can consider Yamaha as an option for your starter boat because of the following five reasons:
- Value. Yamaha’s are not the cheapest speedboat brand on the market, but they do bring value for what you get. If you are looking for a boat that is reliable and not going to break down in the middle of the ocean, then you want a Yamaha. You get what you pay for with a Yamaha.
- Quality/Reliability. Yamaha’s engines are built to last for years. Many commercial and fishing fleets choose Yamaha because they know they are purchasing a boat that is meant to withstand a lot and can keep going. If something does go wrong, they are a company that will uphold the boat’s warranty.
- Trusted Brand. Yamaha has been making boats, and other vehicles, for over 30 years. The company has a reputation for reliability and innovation. Yamaha boats have been designed to last, and provide superior performance.
- Innovative. For decades, Yamaha has tried to be one of the most innovative boating brands available. For example, the company created the first-ever V8 5.3 liter, four-stroke outboard in 2013. They continually seek to innovate with every new boat design they make. As a result, Yamaha’s are known for their fuel-efficient, clean motors.
- Handling. As a new boat driver, you might be faced with some days on the water that are choppier than others. Yamaha’s are easy to drive and provide a smooth ride no matter what the chop. You can feel safe knowing your Yamaha is working to provide you with the best possible ride, no matter what the conditions.
Yamaha Boat Options
Yamaha offers several options that make good starter options. The Yamaha 212X represents value with features that are found on higher-end watersports boats, which cost a lot more than this boat. A folding tower with wakeboard racks, a cruise-control system, and twin ballast tanks for an enhanced wave are some of the features you will enjoy with this boat. The engine is a twin-engine with high-output 1.8 liter four-stokes, which means high power and high performance.
Another option is the AR190, which has an all-new deck and hull design that is bigger and better than previous models. This spacious boat is designed for comfort, with cockpit seating and storage that maximizes space.
M2o Marine has many Yamaha’s in-stock to choose from. Come visit us today and we can guide you through which one makes your perfect starter boat.